An initiative with the aim of educating legal rights in Singapore is a partnership between the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) and The Law Society of Singapore.
Under the partnership, legal clinics are organised monthly to provide our union members with legal advice on personal matters such as claims, wills, housing and even traffic offences.
Next three scheduled date:
21 Jul 2016 (register by 8 Jul 2016)
18 Aug 2016 (register by 5 Aug 2016)
15 Sep 2016 (register by 2 Sep 2016)
Venue: NTUC Centre, Basement 1, NTUC Members' Hub
Time: 7pm to 9pm
There are limited slots per session and pre-registration is compulsory.
>>> Members may email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8444 6209 to register <<<
Details required for registration are:
To be eligible for the legal clinics, the applicant:
1. Must be a NTUC member;
2. Must not have previously consulted a lawyer on the same matter and;
3. Issue should not be employment-related;
What to expect at the legal clinics:
- Basic legal advice and information will be given.
- Only oral advice.
- No drafting or vetting of documents and letters.
- The member is not able to have a second appointment for the same matter.
- Consultation with the volunteer lawyer will not exceed 20 minutes.
- The volunteer lawyer will not be able to act for or represent the member in any subsequent legal action.